* Rotary Foundation: Every year the club contributes to this foundation. The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to support the efforts of Rotary International in the fulfillment of the Object of Rotary, Rotary's mission, and the achievement of world understanding and peace through local, national, and international humanitarian, educational, and cultural programs.
* About the Annual Programs Fund For Support Today
The Annual Programs Fund is the primary source of unrestricted support for the programs of The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International. The mission of the Annual Programs Fund mirrors that of The Rotary Foundation: to support the efforts of Rotary International in the achievement of world understanding and peace through local, national, and international humanitarian, educational, and cultural programs.
The Annual Programs Fund supports Foundation programs in 163 countries on seven continents. From digging clean water wells for villages in Africa to teaching basic literacy skills to children in Latin America, during any given moment in a day, thousands of Rotarians volunteer their time and expertise to ensure that all contributions given to the Annual Programs Fund are spent wisely on quality Rotary projects.
* Group Study Exchange: The club has participated in this international program that promoted cultural exchange between business people and Rotarians. The Club has hosted groups from Japan, Germany and Australia, and Sweden. At right is a picture from the picnic held to celebrate the group that went to Brazil.
* Golf Outing:
The 20th annual Rotary Golf Scramble will be held on Thursday, September 21, 2017 at Cook’s Creek Golf Club. Registration is from 11am – 12:30pm; Practice tee at 11:30am; Lunch is 11:30am – 12:45pm; Shotgun start at 1:15pm; Dinner at 6:30 pm. For more details, contact Matthew Tootle at 740-474-6021, or email@example.com. The 36 team scramble shotgun includes:
- Practice tee
- Buffet Lunch
- 18 holes of golf with 2 carts per team
- Entry fee is $100 per golfer
Registration is limited to the first 36 teams. All profits go to scholarships for students in Pickaway County schools. To date, your support has contributed over $200,000 for 90 students.
The Annual Gold Scramble is a first-class event. We hope to see you.
* J B Stout Trust Fund Scholarship: This scholarship, currently at $1,000 for each of two years, is awarded to deserving graduating seniors from high schools in Pickaway County. Preference is given to students who plan to pursue technical or vocational education. Since it's inception in 1988, over $300,000 in scholarships have been awarded.
* Community Kitchen: On the fourth Monday of each month, Rotarians prepare and serve a free meal at the Community Kitchen.
* Citizenship Awards: Each year the club presents a citizenship award in the form of monetary stipend to a student in each of the area's five high schools.
* Four-Way Test Speech Contest: Involving the area's schools, this contest is held each spring. Students are asked to prepare a speech illustrating how the Four-Way Test can make a difference in the world.
The Four-Way Test
1) Is is the TRUTH?
2) Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3) Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4)Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
* Rural-Urban Day: Each February the club holds its Rural-Urban Day to honor the area's farmers and those in agriculture-related occupations.
* Dictionary Project: The club provides dictionaries to 4th graders throughout the county. Each year we give out 900 dictionaries. That makes almost 10,000 books distributed.
* Ethics Seminar: Conducted each year.
* Flower Sale: Conducted every spring, the flower sale generates money for the club's scholarship programs.
* Scholarship Drawing: Conducted during each meeting, this drawing also generates funds for the scholarship programs.
* Community Recognition: Each year the club honors a Rotarian and a non-Rotarians for their contributions and work on behalf of Circleville and Pickaway County.
* Library: The club has financed the furnishing of a room at the Pickaway County District Public Library.
* Other local support: The Circleville Rotary Club supports 4-H, sponsors a soccer team, a youth baseball team, and supports a number of charitable activities in the county.